Enclosed are 10 steps in protecting children and teens online
- Check what your kids are up to online. Know which apps they are using, the friends they are talking to and learn more about them.
- Create clear, fair ground rules in your home and enforce those rules.
- You can never ask too many questions.
- Have your kids unplug at dinner and bedtime. Set the example of not having a cell phone during dinner.
- Educate yourself and your children.
- Establish clear guidelines.
- Stranger danger still exists online.
- Don’t allow kids on sites that have age restrictions.
- Talk to your kids about what is appropriate and what is not.
- Stay up to date with new technology and trends as much as possible.